Why upgrade to a Ti Nail? - Titanium Nails vs. Glass Nails
Posted by Jay Dreadhead on 15th Jul 2015
So you just got a rig and it came with a free glass nail. You’ve seen titanium nails before and you know they essentially do the same thing. So why upgrade if they both do the same thing? Well, they may both do the same thing, but there are a few reasons why you might want a titanium nail over a glass nail.
1. Glass Breaks – Unlike titanium, as soon as you drop your glass nail and it hits the floor, 9 times out of 10, it’s going to break. Accidents happen, so no need to fight the inevitable. Just be prepared with an impact resistant option, a titanium nail.
2. Thermal Shock Resistance - Glass can break from simply being heated. A quick temperature change can cause any glass nail to break. Heat your ti nail red hot and dunk it in cold water and your biggest worry is a bit of oxidation. You can even over heat your glass nail and melt it!
3. Titanium Takes the Heat – Not only does titanium hold heat better and longer (that means capability of taking bigger dabs), but a regular torch cannot melt it if you tried.
4. Longevity – So lets say you are super careful and you are able to keep your glass nail in once piece. Side by side with the same use, the titanium will by far out last the glass nail. I still have some ti nails I got years ago and they still work great!
5. Flavor – This one is up for debate. Some people swear glass nails have the best flavor of all the materials used for dab nails. While another crowd claims the same for ti nails. Here’s my opinion. A brand new glass nail will definitely taste better than a brand new ti nail. But like a skillet frying pan, once it is seasoned up it provides premium of flavors. So make sure to check out our blog about how to season a dab nail.
There you have it. 4 out of 5 definitive reasons to upgrade from a glass nail to a titanium nail. Visit our titanium nail section to upgrade now!