QUARTZ TECH - Ruby Insert Dish for Flat Top Bangers - 19mm
- Made from 100% Genuine Lab Grown Ruby
- 19mm Outer Diameter / 2mm Thick Side Wall / 2mm Thick Bottom
- Compatible with Flat Top Banger Quartz Nails (To be sure the insert will fit, the Inner Diameter of your nail head must be larger than the Outer Diameter of the insert)
- Keeps your nail cleaner and Increase the Life Span of your nail!
- Works like the very popular Thermal P design (but better).
- Improves heat retention = Bigger Dabs!
- New ways to dab: Heat the insert only and drop it in with tweezers to dab, keeping your nail virtually brand new. Or heat your nail head, then drop the insert in with oil already in it!
- Saves you money! Replacing an insert is less costly then replacing the entire nail.
- Ruby Inserts will never chazz, devitrify, or become hazy. Just heat to clean!
- For easy removal and cleaning of insert use Reverse Tweezers
WARNING: Ruby expands when heated, so if heated unevenly, it will crack. Therefore you should follow the following guidelines when using a Ruby Insert:
DO NOT apply a direct flame to your gemstone or it will cause thermal shock. Only heat it when it is inside your nail head.
DO NOT hold the flame in one spot when heating your nail head for longer than 5 seconds. Move the flame head around the head to heat it evenly.
DO NOT use anything to rapidly cool your insert, like dunking it in water.
DO NOT use rubbing alcohol or any cleaning solution while your gemstone is hot. Instead use a dry cotton swab after each dab.
To clean thoroughly, use Dark Crystal Cleaner when cool or heat clean. If heat cleaning, make sure you follow the rules above.
We recommend using a heat gun and trying not to heat the insert past 600*F. Anything above could cause rapid cooling and stress your Insert.
Which size do I need?
If you already have a Flat Top Banger style nail, you will need to calculate the inner diameter of your nail head. Outer Diameter - (2 x Thickness) = Inner Diameter
Example: For a 25mm head with a 2mm thickness: 25 - (2 x 2) = 25 - 4 = 21, so in this case you would need a 20mm Insert.
To be safe always get an insert that is at least 1mm smaller than the Inner Diameter of your nails head.